We have seen it all inspection hundreds of homes in Southeastern Connecticut. Here is a list of the 10 most common problems we come across.
1. Faulty wiring—junction boxes not being able to shut properly, having the wrong amperage.
- The Fix: Fix the junction box and upgrade to at least 100 amps. Call an electrician for this job so you don’t hurt yourself.
2. Poor grading and drainage—Soft soil around the foundation, gutters not working properly or leaks in the basement.
- The Fix: Consult a landscaping company to see what they suggest,
3. Faulty gutters—clogged or bent gutters, water not channeled away from house.
- The fix a professional gutter contractor can check the drainage for you and make sure your gutters are set up to flow the water away from the house.
4. Basement dampness—water cracks, residue, mold or mildew.
- The fix: Fix gutters to move water away from house; hire a basement waterproofing company to seal your basement.
5. Roof problems—weak or curled shingles; broken and missing shingles and flashings
- The fix: Have a roof replacement contractor roof repair your roof by replacing shingles; replacing flashings, especially around chimneys and other areas. You may discover it may be time for a complete roof replacement.
6. Foundation flaws—cracks in foundation, sloping floors, sticking doors or windows. You are in luck because we are certified crumbling foundation inspector in CT as well.
- The fix: Fill cracks with silicone caulking; apply waterproof coating to exterior.
7. Poor upkeep—needs repainting, worn carpeting, cracked driveway.
- The fix: Give the house a facelift we having some great CT House Painters in the area like Nowakowski Painting Services that can help your property look brand new!
8. Faulty plumbing—not enough water pressure, leaking pipes, sinks drip water and more
- The fix: Reseat toilet with new wax ring, repair leaks and check water pressure.
9. Poor ventilation—extreme heat in attic, vapor condensation.
- The fix: Ensure that roof soffits are not blocked; install additional roof vents; vent bathroom and kitchen fans outside. Talk to an insulation contractor. Having a spray foam insulation company install spray foam insulation can drastically reduce heat in your attic.
10. Defective heating—cracks in the water tank; carbon monoxide leaks.
- The fix: Reseal chimney flues; replace sacrificial anode in water heater. If you don’t know what we just said your betteroff hiring a professional HVAC expert.
Home Inspector CT
Home Inspection CT
Home Inspection Services CT
Home Inspection Company CT
Home Inspectors Near Me
Home Inspection Near Me
Best Home Inspectors Near Me
Home Inspection Services Near Me
Home Inspection Company Near Me
Home Inspections CT
Radon Testing CT