Looking for something to do? Bored at home? Practice these maintenance tips to keep your home in tip top shape. By putting in a little effort a few times a year you could be saving yourself a lot of headaches and save a lot of money. So, when talking about maintaining your home, what’s involved?
Keeping up with monthly maintenance around the home is one of the best ways to maintain your home.
- Change HVAC filter
- Check unders sinks and around water fixtures for any leaks
- Clean dryer filters regularly according to the manufacturer’s directions
- Test smoke detectors and carbon monoxide detectors
- Inspect fire extinguishers
Some home maintenance items are best done on a yearly basis.
- Service your HVAC unit
- Clean the gutters and examine downspouts
- Test your water heater pressure relief valve
- Vacuum your refrigerator coils
- Clean fireplace chimneys (if applicable depending on usage)
- Check grout and caulk in bathrooms for needed repair
- Replace batteries for smoke and carbon monoxide detectors every 6 months or when they start beeping
Long term items may require budgeting for. Planning ahead and being prepared is key for these maintenance items. Addressing them before they become real issues is your best best.
- Roof Replacement CT
- Hot water heater replacement
- Replacing a furnace or AC unit
- Replacing windows or doors
A Home Is A Big Responsibility
Maintaining a home is a big responsibility, and a maintenance schedule is one of the biggest keys to success. A quality home inspection report can help you keep track of your maintenance schedule. By working with your inspector, you can even create a prioritized list of recommended repairs and maintenance.