A Home Inspector has a bunch of responsibilities while performing the inspection. One is to test the smoke alarms of the home. Smoke alarms have been required since 1973 however the codes have expanded since then. Here is a timeline.
- 1973 – One smoke alarm required for whole home
- 1979 – Retroactive smoke alarm inspection and hardwired and interconnected alarms when work is done on home that is more then $1000.
- 1988 – Smoke alarm for every floor
- 1991 – Smoke alarm per every sleeping room
- 2003 – Smoke alarm required to be in outside in the vicinity of every bedroom
It is now required for to have smoke alarms in every sleeping room, outside of the room and on each level of the home in the common areas when buying or building a home.
Home Inspector CT
Home Inspection CT
Home Inspection Services CT
Home Inspection Company CT
Home Inspectors Near Me
Home Inspection Near Me
Best Home Inspectors Near Me
Home Inspection Services Near Me
Home Inspection Company Near Me
Home Inspections CT
Radon Testing CT